- Our ability to hear is critical for much of our communication yet we don’t realize it until we lose or damage our ability to “hear”.
- High levels of noise can lead to permanent hearing damage and high vibration caused by noise can lead to a variety of significant medical conditions
- At lower levels, both noise and vibration can cause interference with our ability to hear and feel, such as reducing the ease of normal conversation and can be annoying, irritating and unpleasant
- For both noise and vibration there is generally a level below which no adverse reaction occurs
- There are also favorable responses to noise and vibration
- Individual responses to noise can vary significantly but there are consistent trends between noise level, measured in dB(A), and annoyance for the general public.
Nex Flow® manufactures compressed air operated nozzles, air knives and other blow off products with the above in mind. The technology works by converting energy normally lost as pressure drop into useful blowing and cooling energy with noise reduction a by-product. This by-product is very important as these noise level reductions can be 10 dBA or more.
Many production facilities put a heavy emphasis on the energy reduction from the technology but often fail to consider the importance of noise reduction.
As an example of just how much noise effect your well-being check out this article from THE ATLANTIC: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/11/the-end-of-silence/598366/